Recently i made a cake that required me to go over board with the salted carmel. I do tend to make this a lot as a filler for my cakes, but having so much on the one cake, i had to take it down a notch so it wasn’t too over powering. So it’s a lighted salted carmel sauce so you can eat it in the bucket loads without feeling sick.
So I’m going to share with you my recipe for sweetie, but savour, goodness in the form of Salted Carmel Sauce
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 90g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 a teaspoon of salt
- To start, heat the sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat. Using a rubber spatula stir the sugar until to forms clumps.
- Once the clumps start forming it should melt down in to a thick brown liquid. Don’t stop stirring.
3. Once melted, add butter. It will then begin to bubble so make sure to check your heat while you keep stirring until the butter as melted into the liquid.
4. Watch out for splatter! Adding in the cream to the carmel slowly while still stirring.
5. Boil for 1 minute.
6. Once removed from heat stir in salt while it begins to cool down. Leave to stand till cool AND DONE!!!!!
You can make this ahead of time and store it for up to two weeks in the fridge.